How do I know I´m getting old? I don´t recognize half the celebrity faces on the new Dolce & Gabbana D&G Anthology line of five fragrances.
Le Bateleur 1 (Tyson Ballou) – aromatic and aquatic notes, cedar, vetiver, and kill.me.now. If you menfolken would like to freak out everyone around you with the mother lode of fresh aquatics, featuring a mouth-puckering sour musky finish, here´s your scent. On second thought, put the bottle down and back away slowly.
L´Imperatrice 3 (Naomi Campbell) – watermelon, kiwi, pink cyclamen, musk. Smells like teen spirit and Runts. The teen girls liked this but said they couldn´t imagine a grownup wearing it.
L´Amoureaux 6 (Noah Mills) – spices, juniper berries, bergamot, pink pepper, cardamom, birch leaf, iris root, wood and musk. Your standard-issue woody guy fragrance. I love a woody guy as much as the rest of you, but … eh.
La Roue de la Fortune 10 (Eva Herzigova and Fernando Fernandes) – tuberose, gardenia, jasmine, benzoin and patchouli. As bona fide a “chypre floral” as Coco Mad (heh, although Coco Mad´s grown on me as a fun, loud trashy scent). I guess if you held a gun to my head… it feels thin, though. And the drydown is a surprisingly bitter/sour unwashed laundry smell.
La Lune 18 (Claudia Schiffer)- lily, tuberose, sandalwood, musk, iris root and leather. I like this one the best – big surprise, given the list of notes, eh? Again, too thin, just like all the supermodels these days, but at least it has a nice juxtaposition of slightly gourmand sweetness and spicy suede duskiness.
All fragrances will be available in 100ml (3.4 oz) EdT bottles. Here’s a link to Kevin’s review on NST for comparison purposes, I don’t think he’s rushing out to buy any of these either.
Okey dokey, peeps! I´m off to the Great Wild Woods of Maine until next week (I am hoping the weather has improved.) No cel or computer, Nava and Musette are covering my days. Let´s open this thread up and I´ll read all the comments when I get back, I promise –
- I have an open order at TPC, is there anything you wish I´d hurry up and review already?
- What are you looking forward to, release-wise?
- Has anyone else noticed how Gold Bond powder smells a little like Necco wafers, in particular the ones (clove? anise?) that smell like … well, Gold Bond powder? Which is your favorite Necco, and what would the world be like without Necco?
- Is there anything worse than Chocolate Axe? How about strawberry-peanut butter M&Ms? Where is the FDA when you need them to prevent crimes like this? What about the Geneva Convention, for the love of Pete?
- Why do we say “for the love of Pete?” Or “Bob´s your uncle?” Okay, maybe you don´t say these things, but I do.
Everyone: do me a favor and have a nice week, okay? Smell good.