Thanksgiving is Thursday, I’m hosting the dinner this year (hellooo, 20lb. turkey!), and on Wednesday morning I’ll be picking the Big Cheese up from the airport (I hope) for his return from Bangkok and Burma, he’s been gone since October. So I won’t be hanging out on here too much on Wednesday, I’ve got to get the pies baked and the prep work done, but I wanted to wish everyone who partakes a happy Thanksgiving.
I haven’t been feeling particularly thankful recently, although oddly enough all it takes is a funny mini-crisis of the kid-fall-down-go-boom variety to remind me how incredibly lucky I really am. (Don’t worry, everyone’s fine.) So I’m not stressing too much, I’m going to crack open the bubbly and have a good time. That’s my table up there.
So this post could go all gooey right about now, but it isn’t. Instead I am going to name the first five things I’m thankful for, and I invite you to do the same. SUPERFICIAL IS FINE. I’m always OVERTHINKING everything.
1. I still have my daddy, even though he’s really old.
2. I live in a city with lots of interesting cultural things to do.
3. Mitsouko. The first perfume of my perfume insanity. The one that made me stop in the middle of a store because my world had just been turned upside down. The one that redefined for me what a perfume could be. The first one that I said: I don’t know what that smell is, or what this is about, but somehow … everything has changed.
4. I discovered how much fun nail polish is. Okay, that’s exactly the sort of thing I’d delete in a Working-for-World-Peace mood, just because I’m ashamed it’s so shallow. But today? I’m leaving it.
5. Okay, this one is weird, but … I was always really fussy about food as a kid. I love food now. I´m thankful I managed somehow grow up to become a more adventurous eater. Trying a new kind of food is one of my favorite things to do.
It goes without saying – or mebbe not – that I am incredibly thankful for all the pleasure, and friends, that perfume has brought me. Safe travels if you’re on the way home to visit family. And happy birthday Anita/Musette!