This morning, you opened your eyes, and the whole world seemed different! There was a crown laying next to a case of discontinued Guerlain perfumes on your nightstand, all of your diminishing perfume favorites had been topped off and were sitting next to the Guerlains and … and a note!
I have noticed your struggles – the blown budget, 1,000 new releases so far this year, IFRA reformulations.
I truly do empathize with your plight, despite how
greedy you are annoyed you appear.
You have been made Ruler of the Universe with absolute power over all things perfume, and you can make either three decrees concerning perfume rules or make three perfume wishes that will be granted as soon as I get around to it. Choose wisely.
Esmerelda, Your Fairy Godmother
It’s Play Ruler of the Universe Day! You get Three Decrees (Perfume rules) or Three Perfume Wishes (three perfumes you want desperately, and you can reach back into history as far as you want to pluck them out) – you can combine and have one rule and two wishes or 2 rules and 1 wish. What will you choose? We are on our way to New York for Sniffapalooza, (Musette is talking at lunch Saturday – we may never get out of there!) so y’all are on your own until we curl up tonight over Chinese and start reading what outrageous things you’ve wished for.
When we are back I’ll pick two random winners from comments, and I’ll put together something fabulous from whatever cool stuff we got at Sniffa – samples, swag, used chopsticks, you know, something really great!
My perfume wishes?
- Fath Iris Gris in a 24-gallon size
- Maurice Roucel held hostage until he makes me 10 gallons of Shalini
- The perfect gardenia scent
Musette, Queen of Coty wants:
(well, first I want Patty to let me use COLOR! But it’s Her Post. And She Says NO!) so…..
1. I want…I want…well I REALLY want Amouage to create ‘this’ body cream: Tribute Attar’s notes, with the ‘smoky’ dialed down a bit (just a tad for the cream) and the rose/jasmine amped UP (but not crazy-amp. Just to 11). And a touch of rich, buttery leather thrown in. I would like that in one of those Big Box Store mayo-jar sizes …I’ll take 6 of those, please. Oh, hell. I’ll take 10.
2. The once-venerable House of Coty: Listen UP! I want you to reissue the originals – in their original formulations (hey, this is a fantasy!)…..La Rose Jacqueminot, Chypre, Paris, Emeraude, L’Origan, L’Aimant. Ambre Antique. Reissue them in Art Nouveau-style bottles (but not so expensive that the Posse can’t afford to buy them). LE the hell out of them at BG and NM. Do so every year in the Spring (because I like Spring). Thank you.
3. A vintage Mitsouko gift coffret. Yes. Pure parfum. Eau de Toilette. Body cream. Body lotion. Hair oil. Hand cream. Foot cream. Soap. Nail polish (okay, I’m joking about the nail polish). First issue. In as perfect condition as the day it was made.
This is interesting too!
Update on the VI Peel...
Hi there Posse Peeps, My ...
It's Valentine's Day. You...
Anyone who knows me knows...
First, I want to add my t...