yes, AGAIN! I’m so sorry. But LIFE is kickin’ my patoot – still! Add to it, we have some sort of program running underneath that is slowing down our computers something fierce and crashing it and slapping it around, etc etc…and here it is, 9:30p and I just got back from Book Club and I got nothin’, perfume-wise. So I think I’ll just tell you what I’m up to these days (the Good stuff, not the patoo-kickin’ stuff, which is garden-variety tiresome)….
….and when you finish snoozing through this, perhaps you’ll let me know whazzup with YOU?!!!
1. Garden. More rain than Moses…no, NOAH! Yes, the Ark Master himself couldn’t have handled all this rain. Upshot of the rain? Gorgeous dark leafy greens and with the onset of extreme heat, the tomatoes are popping! Downside? I can’t even begin to tell you how many weeds.
2. Chickens. The Butt Whisperer must really know how to heal a chicken butt. Take a look. I challenge you to tell me which one is Chicken Little Butt!
3. Everything I’ve grown from seed is up in full force! It’s like living in a rainforest. Only without the anacondas and 10″ spiiiiders.
4. What I’m reading. A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki. Jane Vows Vengeance by Michael Thomas Ford (third in the Jane Austen, vampire bookseller series). Re-reading all the Georgette Heyer Regency novels. I had to read Defending Jacob for Book Club – and I regret it. Too much like Life. Give me a vampire bookseller or a sassy Regency heroine. And no…I am NOT going to read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. And you can’t make me.
5. What I forced a friend to eat. The combination of savory and piquant-sweet is awesome. Chicken salad with dill, slivered carrots, almonds, celery…it’s good. Add…..minced pickle and mango and finish it off with some finely shredded red cabbage and it’s heavenly! She doubted me (she is very traditional in her food choices). She tasted it. She’s hooked!
6. What I’m craving……fresh lemonade with ginger. I think I yapped about this recently. I have the lemons, I have the sugar. I have the ginger. What am I waiting for, an invitation? It’s Reamin’ Time!
One more garden picture. Then I’m OUT! This is my peach tree. Planted it last year. Can you believe it? This is what a long, rainy Spring does, I guess!
But what are you guys doing? Besides indulging me, I mean. Sorry I can’t muster up a perfume review but…..soon, I promise! Lord. I am such a piker.
Soon! I PROMISE!