Hey there Posse. I’ve had an idea. I’m calling it the New Idea but it’s not. There has been some percolation going on for over a decade. Every time I think about it though the whole task seems so daunting. So it has remained an idea, sometimes expressed in conversation but never taken seriously. Till now.
Here is a sample (pun intended) of what I’m talking about.
New Idea 2023
There are hundreds of samples and decants in this perfume room. It’s starting to get me down because I recently searched for a particular thing that had dried to a brown smear in the bottom of a 3ml decant. Looking through there are more of same or very near.
So the New Idea 2023 is to use up a decant/sample 5 days a week in 2023. Yeah, so instead of choosing from the bottle collection I’ll be spritzing or splashing like crazy from decants and samples. These things cost MONEY! and I’m just letting them dissipate. What a bloody waste.
There will be a monthly rewards system. The idea is also to make 2023 a SLOW BUY. Yeah, you read that right. It’s not a NO BUY because I’m still a shopping junkie. Obviously this does not include time sensitive super deals or unicorns. ( I know, but I’m trying to keep this as real and honest as possible and we ALL know I can’t help myself when the deal is magnificent)
This is also going to wreak havoc with my perfect SEO stats. SORRY Patty. Oh well, it’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make.
So that will be what I post the first Thursday of the month in 2023. You’ll be able to come check my progress for last month. See what I’ve thunked. Comment on what you have used up or are trying to. I’m hoping it will inspire me, and you, to clean out some sample/decant clutter and give us a little thing to converse about and bring us together each month.
Hopefully we will all remember some old loves, discover new ones and FINALLY use up these beauties. At this rate, if I’m successful each week, a minimum of 260 samples will have been used, loved/hated, noted and thunked. That sounds really good to me.
How It Works
- No matter what size the sample or decant it only counts as ONE win.
- To count as a win the decant MUST be thunked by me. So giving stuff away won’t count. Yeah, I know, but this is how I’m playing it. You can have your own rules if you like.
- Multiples in a day are acceptable. So, if you empty something in the morning, another after work and another before bed that counts as THREE wins.
- Manufacturer Travel Size is not a sample or decant.
- At the end of each successfully completed month I am allowed to reward myself with a splurge from ONE perfume store. Yeah that’s right. Sure you can buy 20 things if it makes you happy but it has to be one etailer or retailer in ONE TRANSACTION.
I’m going to celebrate by giving away a US$50 Gift Voucher to Surrender To Chance for every successful month to one lucky random commenter. Cool eh?
So, who’s on board for this New Idea 2023?