Vanilla Perfume Comprehensive Guide went up last week.
New comprehensive guide for this week will be going up in about 3-4 hours – about 7 p.m. Mountain time
I think vanilla perfume is probably one of the largest note categories outside of the rose note. Before we get to the winners of the vanilla perfume sample set, I do want to just list a few more vanilla perfume that people noted in comments that I overlooked or forgot about, just in case you don’t want to plow through 300 comments.
- Must de Cartier parfum – grown up vanilla perfume
- Le Maison de la Vanille line – I don’t know this one, but they sound amazing
- Dior Addict – I like this one more than Hypnotic Poison, but for some reason I put in HP instead.
- Bvlgari Black – vanilla ice cream at the bottom of a bit of road tar – amazingly great stuff, and I have now accepted it is a vanilla perfume
- Laura Mercier Vanille Gourmand – don’t know this one!
- L’Artisan Safran Troublant – saffron and vanilla, sorta in my opinion, but close enough
- Guerlain Cuir Beluga and Angelique Noir- yeah, I can see both are vanilla’ish
- Micallef Vanille Oud – haven’t smelled it, and they have some other vanillas in a series. I think Micallef does amazing vanillas, you really can’t go wrong with one of theirs,whichever one you close your eyes and the dart hits. Micalle Vanille Cuire is on the top of my list to try – shoes and cupcakes.
- Serendipity Serendipitous – I vaguely remember this, I know I’ve smelled it long ago – chocolatey but with a bit vanilla
- Burberry Brit – you know, I think it’s Burberry Gold that is more vanilla, which I missed. I should go back and try Brit again for the vanilla aspect.
- Rance Laetitia – don’t know this one, just adding it in!
- Tauer Pentachord White – still looking for my sample of this, but reader says vanilla perfume!
- Dawn Horowitz Perfect Vanilla – don’t know this one, but it probably is a vanilla. Maybe. The name gives nothing away.
- Jane Booke Taken – I am trying to ignore this vicious little lemming that’s been placed in my head that says MUSTHAVEMUSHAVE. Um, helpful link added because the thing I do best – enable.
- Montale Vanillla Absolute, chypre Vanille, Amandes Oriental (tiger pee and vanilla – now I’m paying attention!) – all of those Montale vanillas are pretty good to great.
- Guerlain Plus Que Jamais – definitely Guerlain vanilla splashed all over the base of that
- St. Barth Vanille West Indies – don’t know this one, but sounds like vanilla!
- Molanard Habanita – dirty vanilla
- Guerlain Gourmand Coquin – I can NOT believe I forget this one. It’s about a mile of vanilla gourmand, love it. You can see my vanilla enthusiasm start to come back after a week of NOT VANILLA
- Pilar and Lucy Exact Friction of the Stars – don’t know this one, but vanilla, whipped cream and coconut
- Farmacia Annunziata Cara – found my sample! Vanilla extract, but better – it IS in the ice cream!
- Profumum Vanitas – yeah, that’s the other great vanilla from Profumum. Is Confetto vanilla too? It may be more caramel. Too lazy to go look.
- Guerlain Shalimar vanilla thing. is it limited edition?
- Coty Vanilla Fields and Coty Vanilla Musk – don’t know either of them.
- Keiko Michieri Oliban – why have I not smelled this? But sounds like vanilla!
- Il Profumo Vanille Bourbon – probably also vanilla, but I haven’t smelled it!
- Coty Emeraude – Okay, I’m taking the couple of people’s word for it that this is vanilla on them.
- L’Occitane vanillas – nothing here, but some appear to be discontinued and some still giong strong maybe?
- Jo Malone Rose and Vanilla something – name isn’t exactly right, but a nice rose/vanilla scent
- Smell Bent One – don’t have this, but it got a few mentions.
- Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight in Paris – I would have sworn I’ve smelled this, but I think not. Allegedly vanilla!
- Bois 1920 La Vaniglia – don’t know this one!
- BPAL Banshee Bat, Snake Oil, Velvet and Celeste – don’t have any BPAL, but they sound great!
- Hanae Mori – yup, one of these is definitely vanilla.
- Rochas Man – I’m taking Jeff’s word for this.
- Ted Lapidus Elle – I didn’t know it existed, but sounds like it’s got vanilla!\
- Opium Pour Homme – guy’s vanilla. Okay, I’m hunting down these two guy vanilla scents from somewhere.
Vanilla perfume sample sets donated partly from my personal collection and from Surrender to Chance
This is interesting too!
The newest in a line of c...
A Short Tale of Brooklyn ...
Couvent des Minimes Eau d...
Nabucco Parfums are the u...
Tom Ford Va...