I am SUCH a liar. I told you we were going to discuss ‘lagenlook’ today – and I. Wuz. WRONG! Because This Stuff:
- Construction (as in Home stuff, not my job). In the weird way that construction/reno is, it has gone from ‘oh, let’s just get that 2nd bathroom done’ to full-scale ‘stuff’, like having to rip out the French doors, repair them, re-install them correctly and, while we were at that particular place in gathering lemons, El O decided to make lemonade with the transom (which exists because the wood above the wrongly-installed French doors had rotted out). So. I ain’t mad.
- It was going to happen anyway but BOY! am I glad it’s happening now. Utility closet. This is the most closet-free home in the USofA, sweatergawd! El O is slowly-but-surely changing that so again, Ain’t Mad. It’s nice to have a place to put mops/brooms/vacuums, etc. He wants to be The God of the Shelving Within – I’mo let him because it seems like such a weird hill to die on, doesn’t it? And I couldn’t care less – if I can shove the vacuums in there and shut the door, I’m happy. It is odd, though. I mean, it’s not as if he does any cleaning. He was the same way with the laundry cabinet – again, hokay! He actually wanted to tell me where to put the bleach! I’ll tell you where to put the bleach, doll! lol! Whatever. Just get the damb thing done! Is he the only Weird Man? Why would he care? I don’t care how he organizes his power tools! (hint: he doesn’t. this is NOT a Lean setup! The garage looks like Lowe’s threw up in it!). But if I challenge him on the shelves he’ll just stop Doing – and we want More Doing, don’t we? Durn tootin’!
- sudden freeze. Tuesday, I broiled. 89F. Thursday night I was putting tender plants in the greenhouse and spraying the remaining plants to keep from freezing (they are all fine). A 50o drop in temps in less than 3 days. I got your ‘lagenlook’ rightchere! It’s called a turtleneck sweater under a fleece shirt and an oiled canvas jacket. ( Statement necklace not included). I blame Michael. And velociraptors. I found a cold-stunned dragonfly on the sidewalk, brought it back to the greenhouse to see if it could warm up – not looking great but hey, ya nebber know. Now I’ve got Zoologist on my mind! (UPDATE! Dragonfly was sluggishly alive this am and when I went into the greenhouse around 2p, I couldn’t find him! So. He’s either gone to Glory or gone South! Either way, at least he didn’t die on that sidewalk.
4. Caramel. It’s that time of year. So I’ve been baking. Just a little bit and mostly so I can play with caramel and do (in my best Paul Hollywood imitation) ‘shugawuck’ ! In addition to being tasty as hell, caramel just smells so damb good. I tend to like a slightly burnt taste to my own, so take it almost as far as Michael Recchiuti (not quite, as I’m still a bit skeered of burning the house down) – whenever I make caramel I always wonder about perfumes with caramel notes. Turns out Fragrantica has a fascinating article on that! What’s interesting to me is, as much as I love the scent of cooking caramel, I don’t like any of the perfumes listed in the article, save the Fresh Tobacco Caramel – and I suspect my liking of it is because it comes close to that smoky, ‘burnt’ taste/smell I love so much.
- (yeah, I know – okay, 4A, how’s that?) – I promise, this is the last one. It’s PATHS! Y’all, this right here? THIS IS MY OPUS!!! I have actually cleared paths in the two biggest borders (I’m going to do a controlled burn in the kitchen garden in the spring because it’s either that or napalm). Clearing is one thing – I clear all the time. Actually putting down barriers is another. And I rarely do it. Because I am a bonehead. But this year? I DID IT!!! Leftover tar paper and all those cardboard boxes! Bless ’em, every one! Come April, I should have a limited amount of weeding to do. I can lay the straw and be done! This makes me SO happy!!!so! that’s my thang. What’s yours? Oh, you wannaknowhowon? Oh. Okay!
two weeks starts NOW! Please gmail me (evilauntieanitaAT) !!! do NOT reply to the contact us above- that doesn’t come to me and Patty is super-busy so it may take awhile for me to get it. GMAIL ME!!!
And because you guys are too fabulous (and so patient), I’ll do another draw. Are you in a freeze? A swelter? Lmk! You know The Nosy Girl will push randomdogorg and pull a couple of winners!