It’s always a pleasure when Andy Tauer has a new perfume, and he so generously offers to perfume blogs the chance for one of their readers to win a bottle.
Hey, today’s that day! He has two new perfumes coming out that are debuting in Florence at Pitti Fragranze this weekend. You know, I tried to figure out how to go to that thing, but just couldn’t come up with the time or a good enough reason, though going to Florence really is reason enough.
Oh, sorry, got travel distracted! The winner (one of you commenters) will pick a bottle of one of the two new fragrances, which Andy will ship to you.
Scent N0. 12-EAU D’ÉPICES, eau de parfum, in the classic blue Tauer 50 ml flacon.
- HEAD NOTES An Indian basket of spices with cinnamon, cardamom, clove and coriander with red mandarines.
- HEART NOTES An opulent heart of orange blossom, jasmine, orris root and incense.
- BODY NOTES A woody cistus ladaniferus resin, softened with ambergris, Tonka beans and vetiver.
Available worldwide end September, about 120 $US
Scent No. 10-UNE ROSE VERMEILLE, eau de parfum, in a new 30 ml flacon, presented for the first time in Florence, September 10.
- HEAD NOTES A citrus chord with lemon and bergamot with a whisper of lavender.
- HEART NOTES Sumptuous bouquets of roses and violets, kissed by luscious raspberries.
- BODY NOTES The richness of vanilla, sandalwood and Tonka beans, touched by the elegance of ambergris.
Available worldwide end September, about 130 $US
Okay, discuss. Which one are you most looking forward to? I kept thinking No. 12 first, just because the spice notes sound so amazing, and I like spice perfumes more than rose perfumes, but that rose perfume doesn’t sound that traditional and has some real potential, especially with the violets and the basenotes.
I’ll post the winner next Thursday to give you guys plenty of time to comment and be entered.