Hi there Posse. Off topic today. You may or may not know that Jin is an unbelievably excellent cook. Here is a recipe he created by amalgamating the bits he loved about four different recipes and then making sure that there were no animal products. Depending on your definitions and the products you choose this can be either vegetarian or vegan. When we have vegetarians to dinner this is their meal but we also serve it as a side salad with a range of meat dishes just because it is freaking awesome.
It’s easy, cheap and so different to most things that vegetarians get offered at dinner parties. A bowl of it alone is incredibly filling and also fulfilling.
Also, Jin is very hands on with his food. I promise he has washed those hands very well.
Jin Vegetarian Recipe
Sweet potato noodle (300g)
Dried mushroom (can get from Asian supermarket)
(mix all together)
10 TBS soy sauce
6 TBS sugar
6 TBS sesame oil
1 TBS sesame seeds
2 tsp diced garlic
1 tsp gound pepper
- Soak dried mushrooms in bowl of water till they get soft (about 1 hour). You MUST do step 1 before starting anything else so it will be ready by the time you finish the prep for others.
- Julienne carrots, onions, capsicum
4. Quickly stir fry the vegetables separately with pinch of salt. Don’t over cook, the crispness gives the texture.
5. Cut off the spinach roots, wash and blanche (pop in boiling water till it wilts) then lightly hand squeeze excess water out
6. Spinach is then into quarters like an X (photo), mix with pinch of salt and 1 tsp sesame oil.
7. Hand squeeze most of the water out from mushrooms, mix 3 TBS of water and 6 TBS of sauce, stir fry until mushroom cooked
8. Boil noodles for 5 minutes, drain and wash with cold water. Cut them into 6-12 inch lengths.
9. Place noodles into pan and 10 TBS of sauce then cook till noodles absorb the sauce. (looks a bit shiny with sesame oil coating). Let them cool a little.
10. Put everything into a big bowl and mix all of the ingredients.
11. Ready. Can be eaten hot or cold.
We’ll be back to regular perfumed transmissions next week. I hope you enjoy the sideways turn todays post took.
If you liked this Patty did a Burnt Sugar Cake Recipe here in Perfume Posse
Hugs and love,