Woo Hoo! Let’s see how my month went for June New Idea 2023. Gosh, I’m powering g through these samples and decants. It’s starting to really look like it’s making a difference. Extra space is a very good thing. It is getting harder to ignore my full bottles and I’ve been yearning for them a bit. Next month I’m going to try to get as many done as possible in the first two days, wear some larger decants to get them going and leave myself one day a week for the FB Wardrobe. Fingers crossed eh?
May New Idea $50 Surrender To Chance Voucher Winner = AnnieA
Email me: portia (underscore) turbo (at) yahoo (dot) com (dot) au
I’ll send your voucher out ASAP
June New Idea 2023
A little recap for those who have forgotten.
This year I’m aiming to thunk five samples/decants a week. More if possible, there is a tonne of them here to be dealt with. Every thunk is called a WIN, because let’s face it who doesn’t need a few extra wins? These are easy wins but hopefully will give us all a sense of accomplishment that will carry over into daily life.
How It Works
- No matter what size the sample or decant it only counts as ONE win.
- To count as a win the decant MUST be thunked. So giving them away is not a thunk, even though it accomplishes the same ends. Yeah, I know but this is how I’m playing it. You can have your own rules if you like.
- Multiples in a day are acceptable. So, if you empty something in the morning, another after work and another before bed that counts as THREE wins.
- Manufacturer Travel Size is not a sample or decant.
- At the end of each successfully completed month I am allowed to reward myself with a splurge from ONE perfume store. Yeah that’s right. Sure you can buy 20 things if it makes you happy but it has to be ONE etailer or retailer in ONE TRANSACTION.
I’m going to celebrate by giving away a US$50 Gift Voucher to Surrender To Chance for every successful month to one lucky random commenter. Cool eh?
So let’s see how June New Idea 2023 went…..
FiF: First in Fragrance, LiP: Libertine Parfumerie, LS: LuckyScent, MPS: My Perfume Samples, MS: Manufacturers Sample, P1: Perfume 1, PG: Perfumista Gift, PP: Posh Peasant, RK: Ruth K, SG: Split Group, STC: Surrender To Chance, TPC: The Perfumed Court
- Day: DSH Perfumes: Cuir et Champignon: MS: Earthy open, like digging in wet dirt. Quickly turns into a boozy leather amber. Cloves head the top of the heart, riding over the other notes for quite a way in and then back to boozy leather amber. SO GOOD! Love
Bed: Keiko Mecheri Genie des Bois: STC 2ml: Violet and sweetened woods. I remember adoring this when I first tried it. Onto the TO BUY LIST.
- Morning: DIOR Diorissimo: TPC 2ml: Turned. GAH! Took about 20 seconds to show its nastiness. Fair enough, must be over a decade old, only dregs left. WASHED OFF: Posse post
Day: BDK Parfums Bouquet de Hongrie: STC 3ml: I had a travel, bought after first sniffing this sample, it is a very pretty scent but the more I wore it the more it reminded me of shampoo. Like Posse post
- Morning: Olympic Orchids Woodcut: MS: Dark, gorgeous oily woods. Heaven. Thing is I want to buy this but am worried other woods would get the spritz. LOVE
Evening: LezNez Turtle Vetiver Front: STC 5ml: I remember missing being able to buy this bottle after a 1ml sample. Spent a bomb buying this 5ml decant. WORTH IT! Love
- Evening: Adam Levine woman: STC 5ml: This is such a good creamy sandalwood with a few bells and whistles. FragranceNet still had 50ml for US$10-ish. Such a bargain. Like+++ Posse post
- Day: Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum: STC 3ml: SO SWEET! Hair raisingly sweet. I had a bottle of this early on and though it’s beautiful it is nothing that I’d like to smell like. Nope
Bed: Aedes de Venustas EdP: STC 2ml: Only the smallest amount left, very thick and oily. FINALLY I smell the Rhubarb! It was hiding there in plain sight for me but until now it had always smelt more apple-ish. Like
- Day: Guerlain Les Voyages Olfactifs 05 Paris-Shanghai: RK 10ml: I have been seeking this out over the years because it was DCd before I could get my mitts on a bottle. Wearing this over the last week or so it has been a superstar, everyone wants to know what it is. Lightly sweet and spicy nutty woods and vanilla. Not a big perfume but it is diffusive and catches attention. So sad it’s gone. L O V E
- Day: CB I Hate Perfume Narcissus: STC 3ml: Even though some of the oils smell on their way to rancid as it sprayed on, 10 minutes later it was divine. Naughty, sparkling, brilliant smell of spring. June New Idea is throwing up some beauties. Love Posse post
- Morning: Memo Siwa: MS: Sparkling boozy vanilla and florals with a salty backbeat. Really good but unless you use quite a lot it is not a big fragrance. I’d used 1/3 of the sample last wear and was underwhelmed. Used the rest today and it is lovely, good longevity and village. Like++
Finished my small Byredo Bibliotheque candle! YAY
- Morning: Phaedon Pluie de Soleil: STC 3ml: Dregs in the decant. Turned very badly. What was already a hard core fruity sweet thing is nauseous, Washed off.
Morning: DSH Perfumes Kaleidoscope: MS: A perfect, sharp citrus to cover the awful remnants of PdS. Very interesting sparkling citrus floral with some twiggy woods down the back. So much better. Like++
Bed: Guerlain Les Voyages Olfactifs 01 Paris-Moscow: STC 5ml: The most beautiful of the series. I bought a few 5ml on sale at STC, then bought a 1/2 full bottle. It’s sweeter than I like my fragrance but so beautifully conceived and executed that I swoon. lightly sizzling, sparkling fruits and citrus over a tonka heavy vanilla. I think the pink pepper overload might be what makes Moscow so freaking amazing. A sophisticated, refined Burberry Brit. L O V E
- Day: Andrea Mack Silk: STC 2ml: Happily weird. Hay with some interesting floral waxiness and a very real dirt accord all over cold, wet, tea leaves. Why is this called silk? Like
- Nope. Finished my Tabu deodorant roll on though.
- Day: Penhaligon’s Constantinople: LiP 2ml: This is such a big, bold perfume that 2ml has taken me ages to wear. Vanilla heavily dosed with amber and woods and a slew of other bit player notes, probably over the top of a simple base. It is beautiful, people around love it and so do I. L O V E
- Day: L’Artisan Parfumeur Au Bord de L’eau: STC 2ml: This name makes me laugh because I say it “OWH Bordello”. Yes. I’m 12. I think I’m missing something here. It’s a wispy waft of slightly green citrus. Like
Bed: Parfums de Rosine Une Folie de Rose: SG 10ml: Gorgeous, slightly fizzy rose. Mossy woods base. A perfect, rosy chypre. Love
- Morning: Hand written Oud Sa Pluiz?!?: SG 10ml: A soft focus fruity oud opening of the barnyard or circus variety with sawdust and hay, sandalwood finish. It’s bloody good but can’t find it anywhere. LOVE
Bed: Lancome Tubereuses Castana: SG 10ml: Weirdly addictive sweetness. Gooey and thick. Strange. Can’t decide if I love it or hate it. Ambivalent
- Morning: Guerlain Eau de Cologne Imperiale: MPS 5ml: This has been such an enjoyable wear that you’ll be reading a post about it soon. Love
Evening: Bottega Profumiera Rose Poudre: MS: A slightly jammy rose with plenty of greenery and moss to keep it unisex. Some vanilla rich amber adds warmth. This smells expensive and haughty. Like+
Bed: L’Artisan Sur l’Herbe: SP 10ml: There was only about 5ml left and it was getting thick. The citrus opening is gorgeous and fades to a citrus sweet, pithy white floral and in about an hour I stop smelling it at all but it’s still there because I get compliments. At work even from a couple of perfumista friends. Like
- Morning: Heeley Note de Yuzu: MS: Curiously stemmy citrus. Happily bittersweet. Loads of pith and salt water. A very lovely take ops Yuzu. Like++
Evening: Essential Parfums Divine Vanille: MS: Vanilla with some bells and whistles. Nice for going out with the crew. Like
Well, SUCCESS! 26 samples/decants thunked. WOO HOO
So please leave a comment with something you thunked in June for June New Idea 2023. I’ll pick a winner randomly. Then announce in the next New Idea 2023 post,