Woo Hoo! Let’s see how my month went for October New Idea 2023. One thing I’m really happy about is the few 10ml decants that have finally thunked. Though all of them have been gorgeous, wearing the same thing regularly is not how my brain works anymore. Three quarters of the way through New Idea 2023 now and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!
September New Idea $50 Surrender To Chance Voucher Winner = DinaC
Email me: portia (underscore) turbo (at) yahoo (dot) com (dot) au
I’ll send your voucher out ASAP
October New Idea 2023
A little recap for those who have forgotten.
This year I’m aiming to thunk five samples/decants a week. More if possible, there is a tonne of them here to be dealt with. Every thunk is called a WIN, because let’s face it who doesn’t need a few extra wins? These are easy wins but hopefully will give us all a sense of accomplishment that will carry over into daily life.
How It Works
- No matter what size the sample or decant it only counts as ONE win.
- To count as a win the decant MUST be thunked. Yeah, I know but this is how I’m playing it. You can have your own rules if you like.
- Multiples in a day are acceptable. So, if you empty something in the morning, another after work and another before bed that counts as THREE wins.
- Manufacturer Travel Size is not a sample or decant.
- At the end of each successfully completed month I am allowed to reward myself with a splurge from ONE perfume store. Yeah that’s right. Sure you can buy 20 things if it makes you happy but it has to be ONE etailer or retailer in ONE TRANSACTION.
I’m going to celebrate by giving away a US$50 Gift Voucher to Surrender To Chance for every successful month to one lucky random commenter. Cool eh?
So let’s see how October New Idea 2023 went…..
FiF: First in Fragrance, LiP: Libertine Parfumerie, LKNU: Aussie Retailer, LS: LuckyScent, MPS: My Perfume Samples, MS: Manufacturers Sample, P1: Perfume 1, PG: Perfumista Gift, PP: Posh Peasant, RK: Ruth K, SF: Splash Fragrances, SG: Split Group, STC: Surrender To Chance, TPC: The Perfumed Court
- Day: Mona di Orio Oud: SG 10ml: This is the original release and has taken a few wears to finish it off. What a fragrance! Jin has a bottle. L O V E
- Morning: Ainslie Walker Somewhere Between Mass & Kyoto: MS 3ml: Resinous, smoky incense. A hark back to my RC school days. Full and rich and lovely. LOVE
Evening: Penhaligon’s Halfeti Cedar: PG 2ml: Yeah, I can see how the cedar adds its own thing to Halfeti. Very nice, so wearable. Can see it being a perfect suit fit. Like
Bed: Obvious Perfumes Une Vanille: STC 3ml: Dry, lightly spiced, woody vanilla. A cuddle that will lull me off to dreamland. Why isn’t this company getting more traction? They do excellent work for a fraction of the price of some much lees interesting or beautiful niche. LOVE
- Anatole Lebreton Perfumista: STC 2ml: This is bloody brilliant. Old school chypre done modern. The opening fruit makes a return in the base, so good. On To Buy List. LOVE
- Finished a L’Occitane Arlisienne Shower Gel
- Finished Perry Ellis 360 Green After Shave Balm
- Day: DSH Perfumes Downtown Moonshine VdP: MS: Boozy amber with a plum pudding side order. So much want to smell this in the EdP. I bet it lifts and surrounds. Love
Bed: Nishane Afrika Olifant: SF 2ml: Resinous amber with animalic, leathery underpinnings. If this had come to me 10 years ago I’d be going crazy for it. Like
- Day: Imaginary Authors Fox In The Flower Bed: STC 2ml: Spring in a bottle with a bullishly feral aspect. LOVE
- Morning: Keiko Mecheri Cuir Fauve: STC 2ml: Dark, patchouli/birch leather that heads towards vanilla done in the airy Mecheri style. Very fragrant but with space between the notes that makes it seem light as a feather. If I thought there was a leather hole in the collection then this would be on the list. Love
Evening: Pierre Guillaume Felanilla: SG 10ml: Warm, furry, cardboard vanilla. Very cool and not very sweet. Love
- Day: BeauFort London Rake & Ruin: FiF 2ml: Smoky woods with a side order of peppery blue cheese. So outrageous and good in the Sydney heat. Love but EW but Love
Bed: Sebastiane Espresso Royale: PG 2ml: If you can imagine the taste of coffee ice cream in a fragrance then you get this. Very delicious. Like
- Morning: Atelier des Ors Riviera Lazuli: MS 10ml: Tart citrus that really pops in the warm weather with a thick, treacle like woody and everlasting daisy base. Love
- Morning: Guerlain Songe d’un Bois d’Ete: STC 2ml: Whatever was left from my initial trialing had become an oily sludge. Top going off but heart as lovely as ever. Love
Bed: Christiane Celle Calypso Vanille: STC 2ml: Pretty vanilla, amber and a little doughy. Like
- Morning: Le Labo Vetiver 46: MS: This is nice. Oily greenery and some other stuff. It goes quiet so quickly. Like
Evening: Keiko Mecheri Bal de Roses: STC 2ml: This might have turned because yes roses to start but also a little while in this strange waxy weirdness a bit like nut oils that have oxygenated on the verge of going off. Not nice and I couldn’t wash it off till much later.
Bed: Annick Goutal Sables: 10ml Unknown: I have loved wearing this everlasting daisy and everything resinous perfume. What a freaking BANGER! There are two bottles here too. L O V E
- Day: Mancera Soleil d’Italie: PG 10ml: Citrus, greenery, salty water and sunshine. Stays that way till it becomes a lightly woody skin scent that still smells amazing. I’ve been wearing it quite often to finish it and now have fallen madly in love. I’m really happy to be getting some 10ml done in October New Idea. To Buy List. LOVE
- Finished a L’Occitane Rose Hand Cream
Bed: Balmain Vent Vert vintage: STC 2ml: The original. So green and cool and divine. Why a fragrance. L O V E
- Day: Slumberhouse Mond: STC 2ml: Enjoyed this immensely. So glad I got to wear this super funky honeyed tobacco with ALL the trimmings. Gorgeous. Love
Bed: Maison Violet Tanagra: LKNU: Lightly fruity cardboard iris/amber. Interesting, pretty and perfect for warm weather. I’m loving this so much and wish it was still available in Oz to buy. On the To Buy List. LOVE
- Morning: Dusita Fleur de Lalita: STC 1ml: A little while back saw this discounted beyond belief. DAMNIT! Should have jumped, it’s bloody gorgeous. Floral, bulby, and green to open a little warm and sweetly cozy through the base. GAH! So good. Love
Evening: Guerlain Néroli Outrenoir: SG 10ml: Sadly this does not live on me at all, gone in minutes leaving only a whisper of (hardly even a whisper of) tea. Bummed
- Day: Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca: STC 1ml: Citrus and mint! What’s not to love? The dry tea heart note is gorgeous. DCd of course. Love
Bed: Coqui Coqui Maderas: LKNU: Woods and woods and powder and spicy woods. Like
Splurge? Yes, I did. Have been wearing an as-yet-unfinished Amouage Bracken woman decant and it seems to be getting harder to get, definitely DCd in Oz. So I panic bought a bottle and a backup of Cacharel Amor Amor from FragranceX. 15% off and FREE shipping! Nope, not affiliated.
Well, SUCCESS! So please leave a comment with something you thunked in October for October New Idea 2023. I’ll pick a winner randomly. Then announce in the next New Idea 2023 post,