Hi, Posse! It’s Musings Time, I’ve got winners, I’mo do a Giveaway! Can you tell it’s SPRING?!
So. I. Haz. Questions.
- I work out. Daily. Strength Training. Flex Training. All the Training. Yet… One day in the garden and I feel like I just got off 6 months bed rest! It’s fascinating – and exhausting. It’s the same bending, lifting, twisting, etc that I do on the mat, daily – but MAYNE! sho’ feels different. n.b. we’re now 10 days into the gardening cleanup and it feels Not Quite As Bad. Eh. I’m lyin’. Still hurts.
- Cool Spring. For someone who hates the cold and loves extreme heat as much as I do, I have a deep affection for a Cool Spring. As much as Winter makes me hivey, there’s a lot to be said for Seasons – and this is the season for those Cool Spring flowers like narcissus, tulips, lilac, dwarf iris that simply cannot survive a heat wave. And it’s also the season for those Cool Spring perfumes. This is the only time of year I can successfully wear Iris, for example. So I’m wearing ALL the iris, from Xerjoff’s stunning Irisss and Iris 39 (probably the rootiest of the irises) to the more floral, like Acqua di Parma’s Iris Nobile, which is what I hope they will embalm me in, when I’ve shuffled off my mortal coil. And…(and this is how you know you have too much perfume, dammit!!)… I just found a bottle of Iris perfume from the fabbo store (now closed) in San Francisco … you know… the guy who was always mercurial when it came to customers. I found him fascinating. Hang on….. ha! left it on the counter AGAIN (though, to be fair, there was a jar of almonds calling my name)! hang on… this one:it is redolent of (mostly) iris flower with a touch of orris (root) to keep it grounded. I always forget how much I love this one, with its old-fashioned vibe. Another old-fashioned iris that I forget is Penhaligon’s Iris Prima, but to be honest, I forget about it because I simply cannot equate the notion of iris with red velvet – and Penhaligon’s wrapped that bottle in a red velvet bow and used red lettering, which always makes me think of roses. Or poinsettias. Neither of which are iris. Nice perfume, though.
- Ever notice that when you develop a crush on someone you imbue them with qualities they probably don’t have irl? Not that they’re horrible people irl – they’re just…. people. Not just a romantic crush, either. Sometimes it happens after the crush is over, sometimes it happens smack-dab in the middle of it, which is bizarre (especially if the crush continues) This is just a musing. ymmv. Does ymv? Curious. Asking for a friend. Yadayadayada.
- Winner! Ha! Like you thought I’d forget. I really didn’t. Honest. The winner of the Barbara Sturm Lifting Serum (my apologies – it’s DOCTOR Barbara Sturm!) and a couple of other little samples is kathleen! Gmail your evilauntieanita and send me your details. I’ll get the little samples out to you.
- Watching ‘Making the Cut’ and wondering. Why did I never learn how to sew? But … some weirdness (c’mon! it’s Heidi! You know there’s gonna be some weirdness. Gorgeous. But weirdness). So… this was shot during lockdown/lockdown-lite. Yet the Fashion Shows were designed as if there were still huge crowds attending, as in Season 1. I was okay with several of them (the wedding venue was lovely)…until they got to the Carnival. Cue every slasher/zombie/suspense movie EVAH! Do you know how creepy it is to have a working carnival….and nobody there? SpookyAF. Just sayin’. SPOOKY. And, yeah, watching this I still want to drop one more dress size. Just one. I promise. And it makes me want to pull out all my outrageous (for here, at least) clothes. AND WEAR THEM HERE! I can’t wear a ballgown to a construction site (OSHA , don’tchaknow)…. but I could wear it to walk M. Jacques down to pay the water bill. And why not? #allthesparklysh!t. ALL OF IT.
- Last Musing: Autocorrect. When did it become so unintuitive? I remember when you could type ‘uou’ in a sentence and the correction would be ‘you’. Not uno. Or unoriginal. Or ‘usury’ (sweatergawd. not making that up) … or anything other than ‘you’ – especially in a sentence that would intuit the word ‘you’. And I can’t even be all ‘get off my lawn’ here – Skynet is supposed to get better/more intuitive – not dumber. I mean, really. If you’re going to be our overlords and all…
- Giveaway! Just tell me a story. Are you gardening? Are you in love? You haven’t murdered anybody, have you? (folks always worry about that with me – dunno why)… what’s going on in your life? I have some fun samples – and my foster puppy, M. Jacques will poke a GIANT pawnail (this dog is so freakin’ HUGE!!)