Hiya, my darling Posse! It’s Musette, with Musette’s Musings. Because I’m in a Museful frame of mind (and if that’s not a real word it oughta be).
So. Here’s what’s going on in my little world. For reasons unknown to ANYBODY I decided to do a deep dive into sorting and cleaning the Messy Armoire – Oh! I know why I did it. A friend had lent me some Lush and Smell Bent samples and my response was persackly what Shakespeare was talking about – I put them in the MA … and promptly forgot about them. A random email exchange… and suddenly I thought ‘waitaminute! didn’t I abscond with a bunch of his samples?’ – Welp! I tore the armoire apart. And in the course of that tear, found a buncho stuff.
- A seriously vintage metal canister bottle of Tabu. Y’all KNOW where that’s going, right? (waves wildly at Tom). I couldn’t let it go without a quick spritz – and yowza! So, it goes on pretty ‘meh’ – and I figured ‘oh, well. we’ll see what he thinks. Personally? I am not impressed’. 30 minutes later: O.M.G. Whorehouse on Payday. Absolutely Glorious.
We’ll see what he thinks.
2. Men. Non-perfumista men, anyway. I have so many gorgeous perfumes. So. Many. A non-P guy was visiting and I asked his opinion on several newer scents, all fabulous. He liked them – but didn’t LIKE any of them. We were in the garden and he picked up a rando bottle on the table….sprayed it… said ‘THIS. WEAR THIS’.
What was the Incredible Mystery Scent?
Really. REALLY? That’s what makes your eyes roll back in your head and gets you drooling like M. Jacques? Lordt.
(but y’all know I’mo wear this, next time I’m around the Very Inappropriate Man, right? I’ll enjoy my attars in the privacy of my own little life, thank you very much)
3. Home Scents. Apparently I like them – a lot. I have SO MANY home scents. My favorites, Agraria & Trapp, lead the pack – I definitely haz a thing for Agraria Bitter Orange and the Monique Lhuillier Citrus Lily – but you already knew that. Ditto Trapp’s Bob’s Flower Shoppe. I found wax melts. Candles. Diffuser oils. Sprays. More sprays. More melts. More oils. More candles. I would be embarrassed… but dayum! They smell so GOOD!
4. Perfume samples. They are like rabbits. I keep sending them to new homes – and come back to find the hutch awash in baby perfumes! I’mo give a couple of mesh bags away on this very blog! Imagine that!
- Lily perfumes. We are gonna have to talk, Posse. I have over 100 lilies in my garden…..and yet…
but that is for another day. Stay tuned.
6. Lush and Smell Bent samples. FINALLY! Do you know, it took 3 hours for me to find them – tucked in a lovely mesh bag, they were sitting there, snickering at me. ‘you really need to get your eyes checked, Musette. We’re in a WHITE MESH BAG the size of half a loaf of bread. How could you not see us?’. ::grumbles:: ‘jackass samples. Y’all could’ve waved or something’
And guess what? ‘Breath of God’ is still every bit as lovely as it was the first time I smelled it. And yes, it went back to its rightful owner. I am not a Fiend!
so. It’s your turn. Tell me a story – what’re you guys up to these days? I’ll have M. Jacques poke a Very Large Pawnail (sweatergawd this dog is getting bigger by the minute) and we’ll pick two winners for a bunch of samples from the Not Messy Anymore Amoire!